Sunday, August 19, 2012

My Top 10 Favorite Kids Books

Between work, my kids and a worn down library card I've probably read thousands of Children's books. I'm not a literary expert but some books were just more special to me than others. Here is a list of my personal favorites.

1. The Giving Tree
-Just reminds of how selfless my mom was growing up.

2. Love, Splat (Splat the Cat)
-When one cats valentine said "You're so lucky I like you", I cracked up so hard. Soooo funny that cat.

3. The Lorax
-Just love that quote...
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
 Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
-The movie wasn't too bad either.

4. Zoomer
-Such great illustrations and really stretching what the characters are allowed to do.

5. Cloudette
-My kids are not afraid of rain and thunder because of this book. Gave me the idea to tell them that
thunder is just the clouds farting. 

6. Guess How Much I love You
-Also a great quote..
"I love you to the moon and back."

7. Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus
-Can't get more simple on illustration than this but brilliant an original. 

8. How Do Dinosaurs Say Good Night
-Best bedtime story for a boy ever in my opinion.

9. Pinkalicious
-Okay so she's a bit of a brat but it's a fun read and she learns her lesson in the end.

10. Little pea
-Adorable

 Mary Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment